1. How do I find you?
Wiltonburn Farm, Hawick TD9 7LL
Tel. 01450 372414 or 07711321226
2. Where do I park?
This depends on the time of year and what is happening on the farm. Please give me an ETA, and park opposite the Cashmere shop car park and I will come out and direct you.
3. Where is the field for my horse?
I will show you how to get to the seven acre field, which is behind the holiday cottages.
4. Is there water in the field?
Yes there is water at the sheep shed end of the field which may need topping up during your stay.
5. Where is the water tap?
There is a water tap in the sheep shed and in the stable marked Lily.
6. Is there a lock up for my tack?
There is no lock up available for you, but grooming kit, head collars, rugs etc can be left at your own risk in the sheep shed.
7. Is there an area for grooming and tacking up?
The sheep shed is undercover and large enough for 6 horses.
8. Where can I ride?
The Hawick riding route goes through Wiltonburn and I can provide a map and advise you on other routes.
9. What accommodation is there at Wiltonburn?
I have two self catering cottages:
Foxglove – 2 double rooms (plus box room with sofa bed)
Willowherb – 2 doubles and one twin
Farmhouse B &B – 2 doubles and one twin
10. How far are you from Hawick?
We are just over a mile from town and at the end of a road.
It is possible to walk into town and get a taxis back
11. Where can I eat?
We recommend 4 of the following restaurants:
Adams Kitchen (just won an award)
Night Safe Bistro
Mansfield House Hotel
Plus takaways that can deliver
12. Do you have WIFI &TV
Yes, TV. Wifi is free
13. Are there any Farriers nearby?
Yes, but please check your horses shoes before you arrive, as my farrier does not take on new customers.
14. Is it possible to get a riding lesson during my stay?
Yes, there are good instructors in the area – including Ian Stark.
15. Can I get my horse clipped during my stay?
Yes I can arrange this for you.
16. Can I get my saddle checked during my stay?
Yes I can arrange this for you with a Master Saddler.
17. Where is the nearest feed store/tack shop?
Harbro in Commercial Road Hawick - one mile.
Also we can offer free feeding advice, bespoke feeding plans and weight clinics for horses and ponies. (By advance arrangement).
18. Where is the nearest super market?
Sainsbury, Lidl , Iceland, Aldi, and Morrisons in Hawick
19. Where is the nearest petrol station?
20. Where is the nearest hospital?
There is a cottage hospital in Hawick, and the Borders General Hospital is at Melrose which is approx.. 20 miles from Wiltonburn.
21. Where is the nearest Vet?
There is a Veterinary Practice in Hawick Tel. 01450 372038
22. Where is the nearest Tourist Information?
Hawick within the Filmhouse Café Bar